The art of walking upright Is the art of using both feet... One is for holding on The other is for letting go...

Monday, May 15, 2006

Cyle touring tip #1

When taking a bicycle overseas, make sure that the travel agent gives you the most acurate weight limit for your steed.... and get a print out of the airlines policy!

Have luckily escaped paying 140 Euro at KL airport as my bike was 2kg over the weight limit (the weight limit had reduced by 10kg between the time I last talked to the travel agent and arriving at the airport!)... No tears shed but some desperate pleading (and speaking to a kinder check-in officer) avoided the problem (also explaining that I could take 2 kg out of my cycling box which was carefully wrapped up and put it into my pack, a little bit crazy really but...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home