The art of walking upright Is the art of using both feet... One is for holding on The other is for letting go...

Monday, August 21, 2006

Port Vila

Well, I've been in Port Vila for a couple of days now. Its not as hot as I expected and have been busy meeting VSA people and having a look around the town. Unfortunately my luggage didn't arrive with me, so I've been wearing the same pair of jeans for a few days now... at least its cool!

Another girl on the flight from Samoa had the same problem and she's in a next-door hotel. She's attending an aquaculture conference so I hang out with their group from various places in the pacific: PNG, Solomon Islands, Samoa etc. I've got my first Bislama (Pidgin) lesson today and am off to meet the NZ High Commissioner tomorrow, plus banking, immigration etc so am keeping busy, even if it really is all on Island time.

Am off to a custom village for four days on Thursday. Total immersion in Bislama plus learning a bit about the culture and customs etc. Should be fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home